Sunday 28 February 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 9 The Helper (2)

 

copyright aakintoye

“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—.” John14:16 NKJV

I have learnt that the work of the Holy Spirit in you is a relationship thing. The work of the Holy Spirit in you is a partnership. Over the years I have learnt to recognise the voice of the Holy Spirit and thus be led by it.  The voice of the Holy Spirit is opposite to mine. It is that voice that will say show love to someone who is being hurtful to you. It is that voice that will tell you the solution to a difficult and complex problem and you know your limited knowledge could not have known this.

 

I have also learnt to recognise the voice of the Holy Spirit by the fruit of the Spirit. Anything that is of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV) is the voice of the Holy Spirit. This is the way and the approach of the Holy Spirit.

 

I have learnt that to walk in the Spirit means not defiling your body, the temple of the Holy Spirit. There is purity in sex inside of a legal or customary marital structure.

 

I have learnt and still learning to live in the Spirit by being conscious and mindful of the Holy Spirit in me. He is my helper, so I ask Him for help in all things and at all times.

 

I have learnt and still learning to depend on the Holy Spirit in every area of my life.  With my children - His wisdom and guidance on how to navigate parenthood. In my work - how to build relationships and excel. 

 

I take the Holy Spirit as my senior partner of life. I have learnt and still learning to relate with Him as if He is physically beside me. I have experienced interventions in situations through wisdom from Him. 

 

The Holy Spirit helps to transform our life...if we are willing and obedient.

There are times when I want to react to certain situations, but I don’t. There is no character trait that cannot be transformed by the Holy Spirit, if we are willing and obedient.

 

The work of the Holy Spirit in us is according to the purpose of Elohim God for our individual lives. The power of the Holy Spirit will be manifested through you in line with the purpose and plan of Elohim, not your own flesh induced desires. Simon the sorcerer saw the miracles, signs and wonders by the Holy Spirit and wanted to buy it with money. Hey, do not even try it. Anyone that tells you to pay to receive the Holy Spirit is a representative of Satan. Flee and cry to the Lord yourself.

 

Jesus Christ has given us a mandate to take the gospel to the four corners of the world. We are the light of the world and the salt of the earth. To fulfil this mandate, we need the Holy Spirit.

 

The gospel of Christ is power unto salvation. By the Holy Spirit we can fulfil this mandate as Jesus did; “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”

Acts 10:38 NKJV. The works he did, greater shall we do because he goes to the Father (John 14:12).

 

Without the Holy Spirit, we can do nothing. But with Him, we can do the works that Christ did and even greater works according to the purpose of Elohim for our life.

 

But to get the gift of the Holy Spirit, you must first have a personal relationship with Yeshua Christ Jesus. And He has promised to send you the Helper. It’s never too late to accept Jesus into your heart as Lord and Saviour.

 

It’s simple to do this; believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God, raised from the dead and confess with your mouth that He is Lord. “For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved (Romans 10:9,10 NLT).

 

Start that wonderful journey with Him immediately.

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. Give me the grace to walk in the Spirit, be led by the Spirit and to live in the Spirit. May the power and the fruit of the Holy Spirit be manifested in my life for the glory of Your Holy Name in Christ Jesus I pray. Amen.

 

If you accepted Jesus or turned back to him by reading this blog, please get in touch. I am super excited! Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day. My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

 

Have a wonderful week ahead.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adeola.akintoye

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adeolaakintoye/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aakintoye

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCAUHOf4p8CJz2LH1pHuvQ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment