Monday 26 August 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 33 The First Step of the Right Step


“Then the Philistines once again made a raid on the valley. Therefore, David inquired again of God, and God said to him, “You shall not go up after them; circle around them and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees. And it shall be, when you hear a sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall go out to battle, for God has gone out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines.” So, David did as God commanded him, and they drove back the army of the Philistines from Gibeon as far as Gezer. Then the fame of David went out into all lands, and the LORD brought the fear of him upon all nations.” I Chronicles 14:13-17 NKJV

When confronted with enemies, do not take matters into your own hands, inquire first of the Lord. 

That is easier said than done. Our first instinct is to react to any threat against our well-being, whether physical or otherwise. This is natural and human.

The life of David was in constant threat after he was anointed as the future king of Israel in his adolescence. He would not have made it to old age without the help of the Almighty God. He depended on God to direct and instruct him in actions to take. David never depended on his own ability or the multitude of warriors that were at his beck and call.

Many times, in my life I have acted before I remembered that I had not asked God. It was easier to think God knew and did things for me even when not asked. Wasn't this an arrogant way to think about God? I am still work in progress, to always inquire first before doing, not assuming I know when I have not asked.

What about you? Do you reference God first by instinct before taking any action, not just when you are under threat but in every area of your life? Do you ask God to rubber-stamp decisions you have made without consulting Him?

When we relate with God as Almighty, we do not take actions without His say so. This is truly a sign of spiritual maturity.

#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for Your mercy and compassion. Help me to acknowledge and reference You in every area of my life. Give me the grace that though I take my life into my own hands, I will never forget Your laws.  In the name of Yeshua Christ Jesus I pray. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity


No comments:

Post a Comment