Monday 26 August 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 34 From generation to generation (Part 4 of 4)

Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; keep her, for she is your life. Proverbs 4:10-13 NKJV


I have been sharing my reflections and lessons of my twenties. In this final part of the series, I will share two lessons I wish I had known about then than later.

I wished I had a clear vision of the future I wanted when I was in my twenties. I had no clue and it took me many years to get it right. My dear twenty something young adult, start dreaming about that future you want right now and then work towards it. I termed this lesson envisioning the future you desire.

Many in their twenties think mostly about the here and now. I know someone who wanted to retire from 9-5 job before their 50th birthday and they did. How and where would you like to spend your thirties, forties, fifties etc if God keep you till then? The earlier you plan your life and start on that journey the better.

The second lesson is not to rush to put yourself in bondage of debt. The fact that you are now independent, with access to credits does not mean rush to get credit cards. You know what, the debt you get into will take you a long time to repay if at all. There is always the tendency for it to become a cycle of debt because you are living beyond your income. The higher income you earn, the higher your taste becomes, the larger your credit limit and the larger your debt.

You want to ride a good car, get all the nice amenities, latest gadgets because you can get it through borrowed money. The debt you accumulate must be repaid. Many are in jobs they hate because they can not afford not to work due to the debt on their shoulders.

If you are to borrow, do it to invest in appreciating assets and those with good residual value or for productive business. Learn to live within your income and have extra to enjoy life.

Dream about that wonderful debt free future right now and make it happen!

#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father give me the wisdom to be prudent concerning my finances. Help me to apply your principles in how I live my life. May I not be a slave to the lender. Guide and always lead me to make the right decisions in the name of Yeshua Christ Jesus I pray. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment