Sunday 4 August 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 29 From generation to generation (Part 1 of 4)

Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; keep her, for she is your life. Proverbs 4:10-13 NKJV



As I grow older I often reflected on times past. As I watched my twenty-something year old daughters stepped into this decade of their lives, I found myself reflecting how it was being in one’s twenties.

I pondered and wondered if many made mistakes that shaped their lives when they were in their twenties. I certainly did, lots of them, many of which could have been avoided if only I knew what I know now. Hindsight is a good teacher.

One of my recollection of my twenties was a sense of freedom. Let’s look at it. As teenagers stepped into their twenties, maybe they’ve finished college, started working and have some financial independence. “I am now an adult, in control of my life, making my own decisions. No one, especially my parents can tell me what to do.” I see this attitude in many young people in their twenties around me. It is easy to spot because I have been there. done that, have the scar to show for it

I classified this as a false sense of adulthood. You think you know it all but in fact you know very little. Knowledge is not just about what you read, hear, think or feel but what you experienced as well.

Experience comes from years lived, unfortunately the lack of maturity during this decade leads many young people to make life changing mistakes. Join me as I share some of my life lessons from this time past.

#prayerfortheweek
Help me Lord not to make mistakes that will derail Your purpose for my life. In Jesus name. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment