Sunday 17 March 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 12 You are a #son

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Matthew 4:1

It was interesting how the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness. Jesus heard and responded to the leading of the Spirit, even if that meant a period of forty days fasting in the wilderness. At the end, he also had to endure temptation.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. I used to think you evidence that you are a son of God by how you are led by the Spirit. However, Jesus was first declared the Son of God, and then led by His Spirit, according to our passage, into the wilderness. You do not have to be led by the Holy Spirit before you become a son of God. It is the other way round - you are led because you are a son. This revelation just changed my perspective in so many ways.

The Holy Spirit leads me because I am a son of Elohim God by adoption through Christ Jesus. This gives me the confidence and courage to take steps or actions that might not make sense to people. I have the faith and trust in God to know that the Spirit of Almighty Elohim lives in me.

Many believers still struggle with fully understanding their identity as a son of God. As son of the Most High God, His Spirit gives you direct access to His manifold wisdom. You tap into the abundance of grace because you are led by Elohim.

The Spirit of Elohim will lead you only into those things that are of God - righteous and holy. Do not misuse the privilege but maximize the power to bring forth the Kingdom of God here on earth.

Remember you are not alone.

#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for adopting me as your son. I pray for the sensitive heart to hear and listen to Your Spirit. May I be led by Your Spirit in every area of my life in Christ Jesus. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
#AdeolaAkintoye ©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment