Saturday 29 June 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 25 Just #dwell in the secret place


He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place.  Psalms 91:1, 9

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It makes me feel protected and secured, like nothing can touch me because my refuge is the Almighty God. However, there is a condition, only those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High.

What does it mean to dwell? This is to live in or at a specified place - the secret place. A place can be a physical location or a specific state of mind or condition. The fact that it is secret indicates that it is not open to all and sundry. It is only known to those whom it has been revealed to.


And who is this secret place revealed to? The secret is in the passage: “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name (Psalms 91:14)
The revelation is to those who love the Lord and who acknowledges His name.

And what or where is the secret place? I believe it is not a physical location but a state of mind. The love of and the name of Elohim God, that is the secret place. It is not within the four walls of a building but your heart of love - You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind (Matthew 22:37).

And the name of the Lord - for the name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

For you to dwell continuously in the secret place and abide under the shadow of the Almighty, you must love Him continuously and call on His name always. Then you will call on Him, and He will answer you; He will be with you in trouble. He will deliver you and honour you. With long life He will satisfy you and show you His salvation. Isn’t that awesome?


#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my life and the grace of salvation. May I dwell in Your secret place and abide under Your shadow all the days of my life in Christ Jesus. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity


No comments:

Post a Comment