Saturday 14 June 2014

Pruning for growth


I live in an area that has many trees. One day on my way from work, I noticed a row of trees have had all the branches chopped off! 'Why did they do that?' I asked myself. A few months later, I was intrigued to see leaves had started sprouting from the cut off branches. It did not need the branch to grow longer because it was still connected to the trunk which was still connected with the root that fed it.

Sometimes in life we go through a period when it seems we've been stripped of nearly everything if not all. We go through challenges that leaves us feeling vulnerable; maybe our job is gone, no income is coming in, our spouse have left us, we feel all alone and we are wondering why LORD?

Like those trees near my home, maybe we are going through our season of pruning. Maybe there are some dead leaves and branches that needs to be cut out of our trunk so that our lives can become even more fruitful and productive.

The trees were still able to produce green leaves because they were still connected to their root that gives them their nutrient for living. Just remain grounded in Jesus, the season shall pass and you will be even more fruitful.



No comments:

Post a Comment