Sunday 24 April 2016

#Lifelessons: Being content

Have you ever wished your sister was more like you, your dad like your friends dad or mum as glamorous as your friend's; maybe you wished you were someone else.

When I was growing up I used to wish my parents were richer, so that I could have anything and everything I wanted!

It is so easy to see our own limitations and wish for more. God created each one of us unique. Our physical structure fits the internal design perfectly. Our gifts and abilities have been given in the measure for the use it was intended.

When we wish to be someone else, it brings a discontent that leads to envy, which leads to jealousy and when this is given space to grow could lead to hatred and God forbid murder like in the case of Cain and Abel.

Wishing for what others have makes you overlook what you do have, under-utilize the potential in you and prevent you from being the best you could be.

I have learnt to be content. Nothing anyone has or is can make me want to be them. I have learnt to be comfortable in my own skin, thankful for the measure of faith and gift. I have learnt that being content in Jesus brings peace of mind, and with peace comes joy from within and a life of thankfulness for the blessings I have been given.

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment