Thursday 11 April 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 14 It is #personal



 “And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them.” Exodus 6:2-3 NKJV

As I studied the book of Exodus with some friends, I was stuck on this verse for a while. Elohim God did not reveal Himself as LORD to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. However, as God Almighty. He was their God. They worshipped and served Him until they died. What a marvellous relationship. I have a holy covetousness for that type of relationship with Elohim!

Elohim was now going to reveal Himself as LORD to their descendants. We know He bought them out of the land of slavery as He had promised: “Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.” Exodus 6:6-7 NKJV. He became LORD to them and their God. Lord as we understood from the passage; saviour and redeemer from bondage. Hallelujah, we have Jesus who came to the world to redeem and save us from the bondage of sin and from the kingdom of darkness.

It is quite interesting that God reveals His different facets to humankind at the points of need. As the Israelites journeyed through the wilderness towards the promise land, He was Jehovah-Rapha, their Healer. He was Jehovah-Jireh – their provider. He was Jehovah-Nissi, their banner and protector who fought their enemies.

The revelation of Elohim in our life follows a need in it. Jesus said those who are well are not in need of a Physician. If you think you are okay, you do not have a need then; there is no need for God in your life.

There must be a need in your life for you to have a personal relationship with Him. Even if you think you have all the material needs in the world, there is a need in humankind that no one or possession can ever fill. That need is the void in you that longs for eternity. The only person who can fill this void through His Son is ELOHIM GOD.
Will you be like Israelites and cry out to ELOHIM God today to meet that need in your life?

#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for delivering me from the power of darkness and conveying me into the kingdom of Your Son. Let me know you on a personal level. Reveal Yourself to me in every area of my life. Fill the void in my life with love for You and things of You. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment