Sunday 28 April 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 18 #Who am I?


What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? Psalm 8:4

I woke up one morning with the creation of man on my mind. In the record of creation of the world and all in it, everything was created by a word declaration, ‘Let there be...’ except the creation of man.

It was different for man. Firstly God said, “Let us create man in our own image” and the bible recorded that God created man in His own image (Genesis 1:27). There was a process of creation, as was revealed in Genesis 2:7 God formed man of the dust of the earth. That is illuminating. Can you just imagine the process of formation? When you look at the form of man, the magnificent structure, everything in its place and for a purpose; from each strand of hair to the toenails for a specific purpose and use. God designed every minute detail of our body. No wonder Apostle Paul declared us as God’s masterpiece in Ephesians 2:10.

When some people say that animals have souls, I wonder what evidence that was based on. It was only man that has God’s life force to become a living soul. It is clear that everything created - animals and vegetation has a form of life in them because they grow and some reproduce after its kind. This essence of life does not equate to a soul. Only man has a soul because God breathed into his nostrils, the breath of life and he became a living soul (Genesis 2:7 NKJV). Its no wonder that our soul pants and long for Elohim God (Psalm 42:1 and 2). We carry His breadth in us.

Humankind is unique and special to God. You and I are unique and special to God. We are His image, His masterpiece, thoughtfully designed and formed with a vision in mind - Himself. No wonder He loves us so much that even whilst we were sinners - rolling in it,  He sent His Son to be a sacrifice for us. He loves us so much that He is very patient with our unfaithfulness and disobedience, because He does not want us to perish but to have everlasting life.

So, when King David asks, what is man that you are so mindful of him. I say man is in God’s heart and beloved to Him.


The question is, are you worth it?

#prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my life. Before I was conceived in my mother’s womb You knew me, You formed my inward parts and knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. How wonderful are Your works and my soul knows it well. l know it very well. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity


No comments:

Post a Comment