Monday 14 October 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 39 #Jehovah’s Witness


 ““You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the LORD, and besides Me there is no Savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, and there was no foreign god among you; Therefore, you are My witnesses,” Says the LORD, “that I am God.” Isaiah 43:10-12 NKJV

There is something awe inspiring about being declared Jehovah’s witness. Many of us do not even see ourselves as such. So who is a witness?
A witness is someone who provides evidence of something because they saw or were part of it.

If something happened to you, you are the best witness to testify of that thing.
Many people do not believe in the Almighty God because they cannot ‘see’ Him. He is not physical to them. Many have gone to the extent of moulding an image of animals, carving, physical items to represent ‘god’ to them. They need something they can see as a reference because an invisible God is incomprehensible to them. Images that cannot speak or move, the work of man worshipped by man.

Apart from the evidence in nature, God shows Himself through His witnesses, you and me. The works of God in your life makes you a witness for Him. God does not exist in man-made images. He is evidenced through lives transformed, from nothing to something; from poverty to riches: from sickness to healing; from sorrow to joy; from prison to release and from death to life.You are Jehovah’s witness. 

How are you witnessing that He is God? That before Him there was no God and after Him there is no-one. He is the only Saviour. He is God.

A witness who is found to lie is discredited as a witness. If your life does not reflect God, you are a discredited witness. Rather than being a witness for Elohim, you bring reproach to His name.

How is your life a witness for God? Are you reflecting Him, His character, His principles, His ways? Are you a witness or a reproach?

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father let my life be a witness of You. May I never be a reproach to your name. May my life be a pleasing aroma to You oh Lord. If I have failed you in anyway, forgive me and let Your mercy cover me.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment