Saturday 19 October 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 40 Found though not lost


“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV

“Maybe you have been praying and fasting for so long, but nothing has happened. Today you shall receive your miracle.” And a resounding amen fills the air. Sounds familiar?

I have been at a place in my spiritual journey where I was praying to God, yet inside me I had a plan B and sometimes plan C. You know, if God will not answer this request, maybe I will do this or that or both. Those prayer requests of course came to nothing.

When we pray (and fast) and nothing happens, and things starts going through your mind - have I committed a sin? Is there an offence in my heart? Have I not prayed or fasted enough? We look for the missing human formula but overlook God’s own - faith with all our heart. Prayer, fasting and other religious activities without a completely faithful and loyal heart will lead to nothing.

When your prayers are not answered, do not waste your time looking for that man or woman of God to pray a special prayer for you or lay hands on you. Seek God directly with all your heart, and you will find Him. He will answer you. He said it, we will find Him when we search for Him with all our heart. Not with a partial heart.
God desires a loyal and faithful heart. 

As simple as that really

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for Your love for me. Help me to love and seek You with all my heart and soul and mind. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment