Sunday 3 November 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 41 Nevertheless


Wherever they went out, the hand of the Lord was against them for calamity, as the Lord had said, and as the Lord had sworn to them. And they were greatly distressed. Nevertheless, the Lord raised up judges who delivered them out of the hand of those who plundered them. Judges 2:15-16

I think it must be a sign of getting older, but time seemed to be of essence in my life now more than ever. There was something that changed in my life when I celebrated my golden jubilee a few years ago. I wished I had done some things and not done others. I wished I knew the Lord earlier so that I would not have taken some steps in my life. A lot of wishes, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it?

The Israelites were a people chosen by the Almighty, shaped and nurtured to become a mighty nation. The story of great and awesome works of God beginning with their ancestor father Abraham was passed down from one generation to another. The laws and commandment of their God, written down and taught; the blessings and the curses were crystal clear. It was impossible to claim ignorance. Yet, time and time again the nation rebelled against God. Don’t we also?
If God were to judge us by our actions, no one would be found guiltless. But Elohim in His mercy did not forsake nor abandon us to the repercussion of our sins.

He is The God of Nevertheless. Despite our sins, the evil in our hearts, the acts deserving eternal separation from our Creator, He nevertheless sent His only begotten Son to redeem us from the kingdom of darkness, to take our place in death so that we might live forever. This gives us an Assurance not to look back in regret but to look forward in hope.


#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for Your gift of salvation in my life. Thank You for being God of Nevertheless in my life, not counting my sins against me but sending me a Saviour. Help me not to go back like a dog to its vomit. Give me the grace to abound more in grace and faith, looking ahead to the hope of eternal life with You in Christ Jesus I pray Amen




I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity



 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment