Monday 25 November 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 44 Who are you following?

“But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long suffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.” 2 Tim 3:10,11 NKJV.

Who are your spiritual teachers? Paul again and again told Timothy to follow his doctrine (teachings) and life examples. He was able to assure the young protégé with a clear conscience, that he was worthy to be followed.

Who are we following? We are sometimes quick to call someone spiritual father, spiritual mother, mentor etc because they are in a position of authority. Are we assured about their life? Is their manner of life, purpose and faith a reflection of Christ?

Whoever you follow, will lead you where they are going, the question is; ‘Is where they are going where you should be going?'

The essence of being in a leader-follower relationship is that you learn from the leader and in most cases, you imitate the leader as well. "But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long-suffering, love, perseverance," 

Be mindful of who you are following…

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of life and salvation of my soul. I desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus. Give me mentors after Christ to be examples to learn from. Give me the wisdom to discern all wolf in sheep’s clothing, all demons disguised as angels of light. Let me not be deceived nor derailed from a life after Christ, in His name I pray, Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
# AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment