Sunday 10 November 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 45 #Procrastination


“Then Joshua said to the children of Israel: “How long will you neglect to go and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers has given you?” Joshua 18:3 NKJV

It’s already November, the year is fast coming to an end. At the beginning of this year, many people had a ‘to do’ list.

When I looked back to the beginning of the year and the months since, I am thankful to be alive, many are dead.

Like many people, I had a list of what I wanted to do by the end of this year. I have not completed all the ‘to do’ on my list, reason being a combination of an over-ambitious plan to plain old procrastination.

Procrastination is a time killer. We think there is still time. ’I will do it to tomorrow.’ What about if tomorrow never comes, for you?

Laziness and fear are twin reasons for procrastination. The Israelite procrastinated in moving forward to conquer the remaining promised land. Their inheritance was occupied by those who had no right to it. What about you? Are you depriving yourself of something good because of procrastination?

To kill procrastination, just do it. Take that step today, tomorrow might be too late.

#PrayerfortheWeek
Almighty Father, thank You for Your gift of salvation in my life. Give me more grace to redeem time. I rebuke every spirit of procrastination that is detrimental to my success in Christ Jesus I pray Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

# AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity


No comments:

Post a Comment