Saturday 14 December 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 48 Stir it Up

Therefore, I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you…2 Timothy 1:6 (NKJV)

The book of Timothy is an excellent lesson for those in ministry and also for spiritual maturity. In 2 Tim 1, we learnt about the faith of a mother and grandmother passed down to the third generation. How are we teaching our Children about Jesus Christ?

The gift of God in us should be stirred up (by its use) activated by laying of hands, by prophecy (and personally I believe by your prayer and action not a religious act). We also learnt about Paul being an example for Timothy. I wonder how many of us can say without guilt that others could follow our example.

We learnt about our calling being a holy one for God's purpose through grace in Christ. Without Christ we cannot step into or fulfill our calling. We must understand that it is only in Christ that we live move and have our being. 

It is in Christ that we will 'see' our life partner and enjoy marital bliss. It is in Christ that we are assured that our children shall be alright. It is in Christ that we can move mountains, scale fences, swim roaring seas, battle spiritual wickedness in heavenly places and after all still stand. In Christ Jesus we can do all things!

Lay all your worries at His feet right now. Hallelujahđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź. Have a blessed week. 

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of life and salvation of my soul. Give me the grace to stir up your gift in me for the glory of Your name. In Christ I live, move and have my being. I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me. In Christ Jesus I stand. Amen
I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

# AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment