Saturday 7 November 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 44 #Trust

 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” Psalm 31:14 NKJV


I love teaching. It’s not just because I love imparting knowledge, but teaching gives me new insights and revelation. Many times, I get my ‘ah-ah’ light bulb moments during teaching.

Recently, I was teaching a leadership masterclass on trust, the discussions gave me new perspective on how important and fragile trust is in relationships.

Trust manifests a lot in our society; between a child and parent, between spouses, in friendships and relationships. In addition to love, trust is the unseen cord that binds people together. Where there is no trust there is distrust and all its negative consequences.

Trust can be built up over years, through experiences and faithful services. But it takes a spilt second of action for these to be destroyed.

The bible highlights a lot of promises for those who trust Elohim God and trust in Him. The holy scriptures give us many examples of ancients who lived their lives in trust of their Elohim God. We are always encouraged to trust in Him.

One of the challenges in our spiritual journey is how do you trust an invisible God? What has helped my own spiritual journey at the beginning was the fact that He created the world, and Elohim’s relationship with people of antiquity and great things He did for them. They trusted Him, and their lives were transformed. I want more of that please.

As I started ‘seeing’ God’s work in transforming my life, I began to accumulate ‘trust savings’ - reasons why I should and can trust Elohim God. I was now able to talk from a place of experiential knowledge not just stories of people past.

But above all, the biggest reason to trust Him is the fact that He is God, the creator of the world and everything in it. At the end of the day you are His created being, your creator has your back.

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of life, health and my salvation. Give me a heart to trust in You all the days of my life. In the name of Yeshua I pray. Amen.

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020

No comments:

Post a Comment