Sunday 15 November 2020

Wordfortheweek Week 45 #Purpose

This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise. Isaiah 43:21 NKJV


Have you ever asked yourself this question; ‘what on earth am I here for?’ I did, some years ago. I felt there was more to life than just the daily cycle of it. I had to seek the Lord to know my purpose. 

The dictionary defined purpose as the reason for which something is done or created or exists. 

I believe that each person was created for a purpose. No-one was an accident irrespective the means through which the person was conceived.

As I searched for my purpose, I learnt lessons that I would like to share. Purpose is more than what you do or the reason you do. Purpose starts with the reason and ends with the outcome of what you do.

As a child of Elohim, our purpose is intrinsic in Him. We were created for His purpose. He had this purpose in mind even before we were formed in our mother’s womb. It was this vision, that He used to put us together as we are. 

Whether we realised it or not, from the minute we were conceived, we started living purpose. We do not have control over Elohim’s purpose for creating us. Your purpose is inside of you. Your physical attributes, DNA, gifts and abilities have been fashioned to enable you to fulfil your purpose.

The best person that can tell you about a created thing or being is the creator of it.  It was only Elohim God that could reveal my purpose to me. No one else. I sought this revelation by studying the bible, praying, using my skills in the Church, trying different things and listening to mentors.

I learnt that Elohim God is at the core of our purpose. We were created to bring glory to His name. The moment we accept His Son Yeshua as Lord and Saviour, we become part of God’s family. Our purpose becomes clearer because it is no longer clouded by the world.

Our purpose is to show forth His praise. Our life and what we do with it points towards Elohim. We are empowered through Yeshua. What we do must bring praise to His holy name.

Make a decision to live your life purposefully; seeking to glorify Elohim. Use your gifts -talents and abilities to serve others first in the body of Christ and then your community.

My purpose is to activate people to bring glory to Elohim.

How about you?

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank you creating me to show forth Your praise.  Help me to discover and fulfil the purpose for which You created me. In the name of Yeshua I pray. Amen

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020


No comments:

Post a Comment