Thursday 17 September 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 37 #Relationships

The Lord is my Shepherd….”  Psalm 23:1 NKJV

Photo courtesy: https://www.talkspace.com


In leadership I have come to realise that a person’s character can be known by what they say.

I used to work with someone that ninety-nine percent of the time says negative things about other people, of course behind their back. This act made me see his character as untrustworthy. I did wonder what he has said about me behind my back.


The journey to spiritual maturity is one of closer relationship with Elohim. A relationship that would enable you to tell of Elohim from direct experiential knowledge, as well as in faith through the testimonies of others and the study of the holy scriptures.

The holy scriptures are full of the promises of Elohim God for His children. He said many of these promises directly and many was said through His children. Elohim’s words reveal His character.

The psalms of King David always bring me to the knowledge of Elohim. His descriptions of who, what and how Elohim is revealed the depth of David’s relationship with his God. Psalm 23 is a great example of the depth of this relationship.

The writings of David also give us an insight into his character - a man who had reverence for Elohim.

There was a point in my life when I could say Elohim was my provider, but I would not have been able to articulate how He was my provider. I did not know that Elohim orders my steps, leads me in the way I go and made possible my earthly work that puts food on my table, roof over my head and clothes on my back.

Now, I know that Elohim is the source of it all. I see His hands in the physical manifestation of His promises in my life. Coming to this realisation was a journey through developing my relationship with Him. And I desire that my character reflects my relationship with Elohim God.

How about you? Are you reciting Elohim’s promises from head or experiential knowledge? Seek to deepen your relationship with Him. Change your prayers from asking Him to give you things, to asking Him to change you inside out for His glory.

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for my gifts - of life, of health and of salvation through Yeshua. Help me Father to seek to deepen my relationship with you. In Yeshua’s name I pray. Amen

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020

No comments:

Post a Comment