Saturday 19 June 2021

#WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 23 SIN (Part 2 of 2)

“But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”’ Jeremiah 31:33-34 NKJV


copyright aakintoye

Jesus taught also about the Kingdom standard for a living - giving, fasting, judging, making an oath, praying, worrying, and so on.  Standards that are so perfect, that Apostle Paul said in Romans 3:23, that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

 

We fall short. It is easy to preach about being holy, but when we raise the mirror to ourselves against the Kingdom standard, we will see how far from it we are. I have realised there is no way I can fulfill all these without the help of Elohim God, through the Holy Spirit.

 

We cannot do it by ourselves. No one can. We need the promise of God. Thank God for the new covenant, stated in Jeremiah 31:33-34 NKJV; “But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”


This new covenant was fulfilled in Christ Jesus. Elohim knew that we cannot do it on our own, so He made a way - the sacrifice of His son to pay for our sins, past, present, and future. God gave us a new covenant through His Son. By faith in Him, we receive the Holy Spirit, the helper. We can live without sin. The decision to accept this new covenant is up to us. 

 

Sin is a burden to the soul. It creates a guilty conscience and eventually a dead conscience. It is a dead weight to carry. Sin attracts God’s curse instead of a blessing. Sin should not have power over us. The things that we want to do, we do it not, rather those things that we hate. We have the desire to do what is right but cannot carry it out. But you can, through Jesus Christ.

 

Jesus is saying to you: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV.

 

He is the only one who can take off the yoke of sin from around your neck. Sin leads to death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

 

Why not take that step to enter this glorious relationship with Jesus today. It is easy to do. 

 

Acknowledge and Repent of your sins and be determined to turn away from them. Confess and declare Jesus as the Son of God and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. Accept him as your Lord and Saviour. Declare your faith openly and become a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away. Follow Jesus in all areas of your life and start that wonderful journey with Him immediately. 

 

I encourage you to search for a bible teaching fellowship near you for support and your spiritual growth.

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. Help to live a holy life. May sin not have power over me as I walk as a new creation in Christ Jesus. I shall sin no more. In the mighty name of Yeshua Christ Jesus. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment