Saturday 31 July 2021

Wordfortheweek Week 29 Living a Fearless Life (Part 3 of 3)

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

 

copyright aakintoye

Our ability to prevent the negative impact of fear is to first acknowledge our fears, identify the source of the fear if possible and then decide to get rid of the fear. It is not easy to get rid of the fear, but it is possible. It might not take a day, two days, a week, a month, or even a year. There are some fears that you will have to work at daily to overcome. It requires a decision and a conscious effort to focus on God and the things of God every time the fear rears its ugly head. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding will flood into your heart every time. It is only God who can make you overcome all unhealthy fear. 

 

There are practical and spiritual things to live a fearless life except for the fear of Elohim God.

 

Fear is of the mind, practically, we deal with it through our mind.

 

Fear becomes easier to master when the mind is diverted from the things feared. Do not dwell on and feed your fears by entertaining them. 

 

Fix your thoughts on whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. 

 

As a child of God, make a decision not to continue in sin. Fear will take root in your heart if you continue in sin. 

 

Do not worry about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving; make your requests to God. 

 

When the fear comes, do things that will put your focus on God; start to read your Bible, sing songs of praise, start praying or talk to someone about God.

 

Use the word of Elohim against fear. 

 

Some word confessions against fear

 

For God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7. 

 

Ye, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for God is with me. Your rod and Your staff comfort me. Psalm 23:4

 

I cast all my cares on Yeshua because He cares for me. 1 Peter 5:7


I will not live under the bondage of fear. The peace of Jesus is with me. My heart will not be troubled or fearful. John 14:27. 


Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. Psalm 56:3-4. 

 

The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1. 

 

I do not fear, for you are with me; I am not dismayed, for you are my God. You will strengthen me and help me; you will uphold me with your righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10. 

 

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me, He freed me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4. 

 

Spiritually, we need to recognize the fears that we battle with and deal with them with the weapons of our warfare. The spirit of fear has no place in our hearts, for we have not received a spirit that makes us slaves again to fear, but the Spirit of God that confirms we are children of God and joint-heirs with Jesus. As such, fear has no power over us, unless we let it.

 

Weapons of Warfare

 

Faith in Jesus Christ 

The Word of God, the name of Jesus, and faith are your weapons against the spirit of fear. Faith is having the confidence that we shall receive the things we hoped for and the assurance of the existence of things we have not seen. It is impossible to please God without faith. God Himself said that if we do not stand firm in faith, we will not stand at all (Isaiah 7:8 NIV).

 

The Word of God 

The Word of God is our weapon; it is living and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. The Word of God is a weapon of our warfare against the spirit of fear. The Word of God is the power of God. Yeshua used the word of God to defeat the devil. It is written “Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

 

Power in the name of Jesus Christ 

All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus, Halleluiah! Jesus sits at God’s right hand, a place of honor and power, far above every principality, power, and might, and everything that is named in this age or the age to come. He was exalted and given the name that is above all names, in heaven, on earth, or underneath the earth. Fear has a name. A name that is subject to the Name above all names Yeshua. By faith bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor 10:5)

 

Prayer and worship 

Prayer brings it all together. Prayer is about communicating with God. When you confess the Word of God in the name of Jesus and seal it with faith, you are praying. “Be anxious for nothing. But in everything by prayer and supplications, with thanksgiving let your request be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6). Sometimes we think that confession is only when you sin. I confess my fear to the Lord. Why not, He is my Father. He knows what I think and feel. By my confession, I am humbling myself to Him and asking for help, that His grace might rest on me.

 

God inhabits the praise of His people, therefore make thanksgiving, praise, and worship continuous acts in your life. When fear tries to rise in your mind, you should start singing songs of praise and worship. I can tell you from experience that the fear will flee. Darkness must disappear when light appears. Singing to God is an immediate, effective weapon for the battle of the mind. Whenever any fearful thought wants to come to your mind, attack it immediately with songs of praise and worship. 

 

Finally, I would like to encourage you to use that gift of free will, which God gave us, through which we make decisions and choices for our lives. God has asked us to choose between life and death and between blessing and cursing (Deuteronomy 30:19). We have the choice to live life in fear or to live for God and let Him direct our steps, knowing that with Him in control of our lives, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, to fear. It’s all about the choices we make. 

 

No human being can release you from the bondage of fear except yourself working in partnership with Elohim God. You are to put on the whole armor of God; no one else can put it on you, on your behalf. Even when you are prayed for by a Holy Spirit-filled child of God, you still have to do your part by standing strong in faith, resisting the spirit of fear with the Word of God in the name of Jesus. You have the Holy Spirit working in you to empower and strengthen you. You are not alone.

 

Elohim has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, of love, and a sound mind. To those who are in a relationship with Him. Are you? Only our God can give us that fearless life. Why not give Him the opportunity today? 


Or maybe you were in a relationship with Him before, but you turned aside to do your own thing and now fear has taken root in your life. The fact that you are still alive, reading this, means that you have another chance. Elohim has preserved your life even up to this moment. Why not take that step into grace today. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.


Acknowledge: you have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

Repent: of your sins and be determined to turn away from them,

Confess: and declare Jesus as the Son of God, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,

Accept him as your Lord and Saviour,

Declare openly your faith and become a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away,

Follow: Jesus in all areas of your life,

 

And start that wonderful journey with Him immediately. I encourage you to search for a bible teaching fellowship near you to support your spiritual growth.

 

PrayerfortheWeek

Almighty Father, thank you for the gift of my life. Thank you for the gift of my salvation. The spirit of fear has no power over me. I appropriate the power in the redemptive work of Christ Jesus over my life. I have the spirit of power, of love, and of sound mind. In the name of Yeshua, I pray. Amen.

 

If you accept Jesus or turned back to him, please get in touch. I am so excited! You give me hope and joy and are my proud reward and crown when I stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns. Yes, you are our pride and joy. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 NLT)

Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day

My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment