Saturday 14 August 2021

Wordfortheweek Week 30 Authenticity

But Joseph refused. “Look,” he told her, “my master trusts me with everything in his entire household. No one here has more authority than I do. He has held back nothing from me except you because you are his wife. How could I do such a wicked thing? It would be a great sin against God.” Genesis 39:8-9 NLT

 

copyright aakintoye


Authentic is a buzzword in leadership. It means genuine or original not a copy. It means being exactly what it is claimed to be. Cambridge dictionary says If something is authentic, it is real, true, or what people say it is. According to Merriam- Webster it is being true to one's personality, spirit, or character.

 

Years ago, when I was doing a coaching course, my coaching framework was based on balancing the being side with the doing side. Who I am should be reflected in what I do. Who you are is what you do and what you do is who you are. That is my definition of authenticity.

 

Of all the faiths in the world, Christianity is unique. When we claim to be a Christian, is what we do practically, every day a reflection of our faith? How are we in our work/business places, in our relationship with people, with our family, with ourselves?

 

I love the story of Joseph. When I reflected on all the men and women of God in the Bible, except for Jesus, someone that was always authentic - whose inside was reflected outside, was Joseph. 

 

Genesis chapters 37, 39 - 50 tells the story of Joseph. After he was sold as a slave, Joseph served in the house of Potiphar. What we first read was that “The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master.” Genesis 39:2 NLT

 

Why was the Lord with Joseph? What did he do? His actions as a young man gave us some insights into who he was inside.

 

He was an obedient son:  He was ready to take a dangerous journey alone to do what his father asked. “Soon after this, Joseph’s brothers went to pasture their father’s flocks at Shechem. When they had been gone for some time, Jacob said to Joseph, “Your brothers are pasturing the sheep at Shechem. Get ready, and I will send you to them.” “I’m ready to go,” Joseph replied.” Genesis 37:12-13 NLT

 

He was an honest person to a fault. He tells it as it was; 9 Soon Joseph had another dream, and again he told his brothers about it. “Listen, I have had another dream,” he said. “The sun, moon, and eleven stars bowed low before me!” 10 This time he told the dream to his father as well as to his brothers, but his father scolded him. “What kind of dream is that?” he asked. “Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow to the ground before you?” Genesis‬ ‭37:9 ‭NLT‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬.

 

Joseph was an excellent worker. Everything ran smoothly, his master did not need to worry about a thing. His response to the seduction by Potiphar’s wife was to flee because of his fear of God. He gave honour to God for his gift - interpretation of dreams and administrative skill. “It is beyond my power to do this,” Joseph replied. “But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease.” Genesis 41:16 NLT.

 

Irrespective of the situation, circumstances, temptation, he would not compromise his love and fear of God. God blessed him, he had favour amid challenges. God blessed the work of his hand. God blessed his masters because of him.

 

If we say we belong to Christ and we bear his name, are we truthful to what we believe, and honest in our dealings and relationship? We all struggle in these areas, nevertheless, Jehovah is so loving, patient, just, and faithful. He is ever ready to forgive a repentant heart. 

 

Jehovah’s relationship with Joseph is also available to us through His Son Yeshua Christ Jesus. If you would accept him as your Lord and personal saviour.

 

Joseph enjoyed an amazing blessing. He might have gone through hardship for 13 years of his life, but he had an extraordinary 97 years - “So Joseph and his brothers and their families continued to live in Egypt. Joseph lived to the age of 110” Genesis 50:22 NLT.

 

Will you turn back to the Lord and accept Him today? Why not take that step into grace today. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.


Acknowledge you have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Repent of your sins and be determined to turn away from them.

Confess and declare Jesus as the Son of God and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.

Accept him as your Lord and Saviour.

Declare openly your faith and become a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away.

Follow Jesus in all areas of your life

 

And start that wonderful journey with Him immediately. I encourage you to search for a bible teaching fellowship near you to support your spiritual growth.

 

PrayerfortheWeek

Almighty Father, thank you for the gift of my life. Thank you for the gift of my salvation. I will live an authentic life. Old things have passed away and all things are new in Christ. May I be a fruitful ambassador of Christ always.  I pray in the name of Yeshua Jesus. Amen.

 

If you accept Jesus or turned back to him please get in touch. I am so excited! You give me hope and joy and are my proud reward and crown when I stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns. Yes, you are our pride and joy. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 NLT)

Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day

My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

 

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment