Monday 24 February 2014

A life worthy of celebrating


Recently, I attended the funeral of one of my close friends' mum and this brought back to me the reality of death once again. At the church service, I looked into the lifeless body in the casket and later on at the cemetery I watched as it was lowered into the open grave.

Two events that man has no control over is life's birth and it's death. No one can give the breath of life and our death is a sure thing. So how do we use the time between our birth and death?

When I was writing my book; Living a fearless Life, one of my best friends died in her forties. I was saddened and felt the pain of loss ~ I will never see her again in this world. The pain of loss was gut wrenching, even now I can still feel the numbness of loss.

I was able to confront my fear of death as I wrote the book. You know what, death brings rest from the world's hustle and bustle. We rest until we are awaken to a glorious eternal life with Christ. Once you are dead, you feel no more pain or sorrow but those you leave behind are left with the pain of loss.

King David prayed, 'Lord teach me to number my days.' Since physical death is as certain as the breadth we take, I am determined to maximise my time on earth, using it to the glory of God for the hope of eternal life. I want to positively impact lives here on earth. When My time is up, I do not want tears but a celebration and worship to Almighty God in honor of my sojourn here on earth.

In the corner of the world where I came from, most people are superstitious about talking of death. It is believed that when you talk about death, it is a premonition of your death. You know what the word of God declares 'I will not die but I will live and declare the works of the LORD' (Psalm118:17).

'With long life will God satisfy me.' (Psalms 91:16). Live your life worthy of celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment