Friday 18 April 2014

The film ‘Noah’...wow or urrg


I went to watch the film 'Noah' at the cinema the other day, thinking I would like to see the story come to life on the big screen. It was a great disappointment. I've watched many biblical stories in cinemas that was much better, the script writers might embellish the truth or put their own interpretation to areas that were silent in the Bible but you would still come away feeling it did justice to the biblical story.

But in ‘Noah’, there were factual inaccuracies and audacious inclusion of events that were not in the Scriptures; like Methuselah appearing and discussing with Noah and his family; Noah wanting to kill his grandchildren if they were girls; inaccuracies like only Shem was married when they entered the Ark, the evil King also got into the Ark, Shem's wife giving birth to twin girls, Japheth being a young boy at the time of the flood to mention a few.

If you are a Christian, avoid watching this film! Watch only biblical stories produced and written by 'real' Christians not 'Hollywood Christians'

Having said all that though, the story of Noah, brought to mind the reason God wiped out the world in the first place -'Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually' (Genesis 6:5 NKJV). God preserved eight people to start a new world (sometimes I forget how important this family was for humanity!).,

But, I asked myself did things change afterwards? Maybe for a while but as man began to expand, the sin nature began to take over. Every intent of the thought of man is evil continually.... The heart of man is desperately wicked...

If not for the saving grace of our Lord Jesus, I too would still be under the bondage of sin. Now, by God's mercy, He has poured His love into my heart and has pushed out every evil thought. He has given me His Spirit to enable me and help me to live in this wicked generation as 'a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that I may proclaim the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light; (I Peter 2:9 NKJV). Noah was a second chance for humanity, Jesus Christ is the final chance - through the redemptive work on the Cross, in Christ God has given me the last chance. I will not misuse it.

How about you? What impact has the story of Noah made in your life?
LORD help me to 'be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:2 NKJ).....think about whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, excellent or praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8 NIV).

As we celebrate the death of Jesus, let’s remember the reason for the season. It is the last chance for humanity.


And oh yeah, if you are thinking about something to do with the family this Easter weekend, the film ‘Son of God’ is in the Cinemas...

No comments:

Post a Comment