Thursday 3 January 2019

#Wordforthisweek 2019 Week 1 #Time


Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Colossians 5:5

We have just come through a season of time – celebrating the birth of Jesus and the New Year 2019. 

Jesus spent only 33 earthly years but what a life – purposeful and impactful, a legacy forever. 

As we start a new year, what legacy are you planting for when you are gone? Many of us now have a list of ‘to do’s’ for this new year but what is the outcome you want to achieve? A life filled with activities is not necessarily an effective one.

When I reflected on last 2018, I have three outcomes I would like for 2019: to win more people to give their lives to Christ, to see more people live a purposeful life and to grow deeper in my walk with Jesus. How about you?

The three responses to time in my experience is wasting it, making use of it or being indifferent to it. We are encouraged by Apostle Paul to redeem time. I think the older you get the faster time seems to go. 

One can maximise time, waste it or ignore it. I prefer a mindfulness approach to time. Be mindful of time, once gone it can never be regained. What outcome would you want to see by the end of this year?

This year, walk wise and redeem time.

#Prayerfortheweek 3 January 2019
Almighty Father, in the name of Christ Jesus teach me to number my days, that I may gain a heart of wisdom. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.
#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment