Sunday 13 January 2019

#Wordforthisweek 2019 Week 3 #Prophecy of chains and suffering

“And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.” Acts‬ ‭20:22-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Most of us love to hear prophecy about the good things that will happen in our lives in the future. Unfortunately, a lot of fake ministers have deceived many with wrong prophecies.  


The gift of prophecy is of the Lord by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth. City to city, the Holy Spirit was revealing the chains and tribulations that Apostle Paul was going to go through in Jerusalem. This was revealed not to one or two but many disciples; in Ephesus, in Tyre, in the house of Phillip the evangelist in Caesarea.  A certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea, he took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.”

Many of us would have interpreted that as a warning not to go. Paul took it as an encouragement to strengthen himself in the faith, to finish the race with joy and testify to the gospel of the grace of God. And what a testimony he had. 

Paul was eventually taken to Rome, where he spent two years sharing the gospel until he was executed. The goal was accomplished - the preaching of the gospel in Rome, part of his legacy.

Not many would be able to say like Apostle Paul, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” Acts‬ ‭21:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. He did not die in Jerusalem but in Rome as was the will of God Acts 23:11.

Thank you Apostle Paul for your faithfulness to the end.

What about you and I? Are WE willing to be faithful even unto death? Let us prayerfully meditate on this for the week.

#Prayerfortheweek 
Almighty Father, in the name of Christ Jesus that I may know Christ and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment