Sunday 22 September 2019

#Wordfortheweek 2019 Week 37 The Gift (2)


“A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.” Proverbs 18:16 NKJV.

A gift is something given to you freely. You do not pay for it. God gave us gifts when He created us. Our abilities and talents are gifts from our creator. They are unique to everyone and when used they set us apart.

Your gift has been given to you for the calling upon your life, for the work that God wants you to do, the purpose for which He created you. 

Our gifts are not just for us but a blessing to the world. There is a saying that the place that is full of wasted gifts is the graveyard. Either because people did not discover theirs or use it before they died. What a waste.

Using our gift is not only meant to bring us before kings but also to transform the lives of people. Each of us is so unique in abilities, that when we all use ours it complements others, everyone benefits.

In the body of Christ, everyone is given a redemptive gift for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:12,13 NKJV). Not using it leaves a gap in the work of the Kingdom.

How are you using your gift for the work of the Kingdom of God?

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for giving me the gift of life. Thank You for blessing me with abundance of gifts. Help me to discover these and use them to glorify and honour Your name. Where I am struggling because I have stepped out of alignment with my gift, give me the grace to align my gift with my work and fulfil Your purpose for my life. In the name of Yeshua Christ Jesus. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). Spend this week to meditate on the passage and take relevant step to live out your faith.

#AdeolaAkintoye ©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity

No comments:

Post a Comment