Sunday 3 January 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 1 #Beginning (Part 1)

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” Genesis‬ ‭1:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

copyright aakintoye
The beginning means the start of something. The start of something means the end of something else. The new year is a beginning. 2020 is gone. 2021 has started.

A beginning usually leads to some outcomes:

Creation

Re-shaping

Transformation

In the beginning, Elohim God created heaven and earth. We can learn a lot about beginnings from the story of the creation of the world. In the beginning the Spirit of God was there as creation started. God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, decided it was time to do something about this massive void of water and darkness.

The beginning led to creation. There was only darkness, a void full of water before.

Elohim God created the magnificent world out of water.  I love reading about creation. It helps me to soak into my mindset the creative power of God in me, because I was created in His image. No one  can take that ability away from us because we are created in God’s image.

This beginning provides the opportunity to create new things.

Another beginning leads to a re-shaping of the old. The story of the father of faith -Abraham. We read his story from Gen 11 from 27,  further expatiated in Acts 7, in that fantastic sermon by Stephen. Abraham was told by God to leave his native land and sojourn to a land, yet unknown that would be the inheritance of his descendants. Abraham’s whole life was re-shaped from that beginning. His name was changed and he was given the circumcision covenant.

In a beginning that is about re-shaping, all weights that besets would have to be discarded.

The third outcome of beginning could be transformation. This is the beginning of our relationship with Christ Jesus. We have a beginning in Christ. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” II Corinthians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭NKJV. We become a completely transformed person in Christ Jesus. I call it the one-hundred-and-eighty-degree transformation.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

There are other lessons to learn about beginnings.

To be continued....

PrayerfortheWeek

Thank You Almighty Father for the gift of life and my salvation. Thank you for granting me a new beginning in Yeshua Jesus. Give me the grace to work I my new life, transformed for the glory of Your name. help me in my daily struggles, that I would keep my eyes on Christ. In His name I pray. Amen.

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021





No comments:

Post a Comment