Sunday 10 January 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 2 #Beginning (Part 2)

 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” Genesis 1:1-2 NKJV


copyright aakintoye

There are other lessons to learn about beginnings.


Beginning is a process not a destination. It took Elohim God a six-day process for the beginning of creation. But the beginning has to end so that it becomes the norm.

 

Do not expect a beginning to bring expected outcome immediately, there might be many beginnings. God created man to live forever, but then disobedience happened. God had to put in place another beginning, this time through His Son Jesus Christ.

 

Your beginning can start anytime. It not limited to the 1st of January, as defined by the Gregorian calendar reform of 1582 and adopted by the British in 1752.

 

I have experienced many beginning in my life. When I became a mother in 1992 was a beginning for me – a beautiful journey of motherhood. So many instances of beginning that led to re-shaping. And of course, the best beginning of all, my relationship with Yeshua.

 

I have learnt that we cannot be beginning the same things over and over again. Every time we sin, we begin again. We can relate with that right? When you offend loved ones and you ask for forgiveness. You promised never to do it again, asked for a second chance and begin again.

 

Sometimes you don’t want to begin again but you want to continue. I feel that is God’s approach to me. Yep I stumble or fall, more like stumble, I feel God saying when I ask for forgiveness, okay my girl, I forgive you, sin no more, let’s keep going.

 

I definitely do not want to go back to the beginning. I want to keep going because I have come a long way to Christ Jesus. Going back is like Proverb 26:11 “As a dog returns to his own vomit, So, a fool repeats his folly.” No one wants to be a fool.

 

If you have already given your life to Christ, you have had your beginning with him. Yes, you may stumble, don’t look back just keep going. Keep going, keep your eyes on Yeshua and keep going. You have come this far, keep going.

 

If you are yet to submit to the Lord (James 4:7). Let today be your beginning, with Yeshua. A beautiful relationship that will transform your life.

 

Are you tired of the old and current, you want the new? Jesus is the Saviour. It is a beginning that is better experienced than described. The story of creation in Genesis 1 and 2 tells us about the amazing love of God for us His creation. He first created everything man needed then he created man to enjoy his beginning.

 

The only thing that will stop you from entering your beginning with Elohim God is you.

 

PrayerfortheWeek

Thank You Almighty Father for the gift of life and my salvation. Thank you for granting me a new beginning in Yeshua Jesus. Give me the grace to work I my new life, transformed for the glory of Your name. help me in my daily struggles, that I would keep my eyes on Christ. In His name I pray. Amen.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

No comments:

Post a Comment