Monday 10 March 2014

Getting rid of pests in a new house


I woke up this morning with the words; pests, termites, new house on my mind and I remembered immediately, the lessons I learnt from the book #EnemyAccessDenied by @JohnBevere.

In the book John Bevere gave an analogy of a new house; every where is clean but there were some cracks hidden behind the painted walls which contained termites; if the house was not fumigated before the owners move it, the termites would continue to eat at the walls of the house, creating cracks and before they know it the whole house would be infested.

When I read the book, the analogy had stayed with me ever since. When you become born again, you are a new creature - like the new house. However, there might be some spiritual strongholds that you need to deal with so that it does not open the door of sins/stagnation/bondage into your lives again.

Many born again Christians struggle with sin, some are still in bondage in one area of their lives or the other, be it lust, anger, pride, fear whatever. Some might be like me, with a tangled life borne out of being a descendant of an 'Ifa' (Yoruba spiritual divinity) man and growing up in an environment that was not completely dedicated to the One and Only God, Jehovah.

When I re-dedicated my life to Jesus, I had to 'fumigate' my body and soul with what you would call deliverance prayer. Although I was born again and I know the power in the blood of Jesus but I needed to destroy and halt all the 'spiritual' acts and deposits in my body and life as a result of the generational idolatry worship and acts.

Like with fumigating a house, you need special fumigants and experts to carry out the process; if not you will use the wrong pesticides and it would not work; if an untrained person does it, he/she might end up risking his/her health.

The process also uses specific prayers with authority. Every time Jesus cast out demonic spirits He rebukes and commands them to get out! 'Be quiet! Come out of the man.' Mark 1:25

This is a process that must be done by a spiritually matured person, one who is spiritually fortified with prayers and fasting; 'However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting' Mathew 17:21. I was not yet spiritually matured to do it myself or it would have been a case of the seven sons of Sceva '' Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?'' Acts 19:15.

Whether you believe in deliverance prayers or not, I learnt an important lesson in the analogy. I was blessed by having Spiritually matured Christian in my life when I gave my life once again to Jesus. They were able to immediately diagnosed the first thing that needed to happen for me to become a new creature in Christ and get my tangled life untangled (I will share some of my testimonies in future blogs). If I had not done it, I would have been too spiritually immature to target my prayers at the root of my problems... and they would have continued to be problems that prevents the blessings of the LORD to manifest in my life.  I would have been focusing on the consequences not the root causes.

How about you? Are you living a quality life or you are not seeing progress in your life even as a child of God? You need to look into your family root/history and get a spiritually matured christian to pray the deliverance prayer with you. In the mighty name of Jesus, the name that is above ll names, every knee shall bow, every demonic spirit operating in your life SHALL GET OUT never to return in Jesus name.

If this article has blessed you, do share with someone and give God all the praise. I would also love to hear from you, share your testimony with me adeola@we-can-leadershipinstitute.com and we'll praise God Almighty together.


SHALOM
Adeola Akintoye




















No comments:

Post a Comment