Thursday 26 October 2017

#WordforToday 26 Oct 2017 Waiting.

Waiting is difficult for many people. Waiting without knowing the end is even more challenging. You hope that you are not waiting in vain.

A Christian must learn the art of waiting. You cannot force God's hand concerning your situation. An unmarried sister who thinks her biological clock is ticking and resorts to artificial insemination IVF has not waited. Rushing into marriage with the first person that asks you because you are approaching 40 years is not waiting.
photo credit http://www.afrikanmbiu.com/waiting/

I have had my share of the waiting period. In fact I am still waiting on the Lord for a particular situation in my life. Is it easy? Of course not. Are there times of temptations to take the easy way? Definitely yes. Although the waiting has gotten easier and the temptation does not move me anymore. Because..

Because I am clear about the mind of Elohim concerning the situation. I have learnt that only God must be glorified at the end of the day. And I am determined that no matter how long it takes I will wait for His perfect time.

I always remember that Yeshua did not find it easier doing the perfect will of God. Before his crucifixion, he prayed three times in the garden of Gethsemane; "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." (Matthew‬ ‭26:39‬ ‭NKJV‬‬). It is that nevertheless that encourages me and keeps me going. It is about the perfect will of Elohim. At the end Jesus was glorified with the name above all names.

You have to make a decision, your way or Elohim way; to satisfy your desire or to glorify God. Don't make yourself feel better by justifying your action with incorrect application of the word of God.  His principles are clear and His standards are set from eternity.

Wait and encourage yourself with His promises;

  • But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
  • I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14
  • The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentation 3:25
  • Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 24:14
  • I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones. Psalm 52:9


Don't help God. Just wait.

#prayerfortoday
Almighty Father, in the name of Yeshua Jesus, let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You. Give me strength and courage to wait on You. Help me not to be moved by what I see, feel or hear. Help me not to give in to temptation and alternatives - that looks good, feels good, taste good but the end thereof is death. Let my decisions be without reproach and bring glory to You alone. I will yet testify of Your mercies. Amen

#Bibleversefortoday
But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation My God will hear me. Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment