Friday 2 March 2018

#WordforToday 2nd March 2018 Who are you?


“And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:49‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What a bold statement for a child of 12 years old. It was like he was telling those around him that he knew who he was. But how could he know at that age?  

Scripture recorded the prophesies concerning the saviour hundreds of years before he was born. His conception was revealed to his mother by angel Gabriel. His birth was announced to the shepherds and angels were rejoicing on the day. We know that Simon and Anna prophesied at his 40 days dedication in the Temple. It was also clear that even as young as he was, he was already studying the Holy scriptures. Nevertheless, what gave him that boldness and confidence about who he was and what he must do?

Three key lessons from the bible passage above: he knew his Father, he knew about his Father’s business and he knew his purpose concerning his Father’s business. This was someone who understood perfectly who he was - his identity.

My earliest recollection of my identity was linked to my name; what my parent called me or told me was my name. My identity was also linked to my family name and immediate members of the family. Gradually that identity changed over the years. It was linked to my educational qualification, career choice, marital status, motherhood and the out-working of my character.

But all these is now subsumed by a new identity - that of Jesus Christ. Many Christian struggle with truly understanding their identity in Christ. Their old identity still takes precedent in their life. Our new life in Christ is not in the name given us to by our parent; its not in our multiple educational qualification or credentials. It is not in our titles and positions in the market place. It’s not even about being a married person or a parent. Once you ask Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour, your identity is now in who He is. As He was so are you in this world.

Like the 12 year old Jesus, we must study the Holy Scriptures. We must transform our mindset by the renewal of our mind. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. (Proverbs 23:7). Study, meditate, speak upon your life everything the word of God says you are in Christ Jesus. Do not believe any negative, limiting identity imposed on you by others, the society or even your self due to self-doubt. A son who does not realise who he is will be cheated out of his inheritance.

Seek to know and believe in who you are in Christ Jesus!

#PrayerforToday 2nd March 2018
Almighty Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for making me holy by Your Spirit. Thank You for cleansing me with the blood of Your precious Son Jesus. I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works. I am an ambassador of Christ. I am an agent of transformation, a special vessel prepared by God to stamp Kingdom authority on earth.As Your elect, holy and beloved help me to put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness and long-suffering. In the name of Yeshua my Lord and Saviour I pray. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this word. More of Christ in me as I diminish, my old identity fade,HIS character and identity increase in me. Amen .

    ReplyDelete