Tuesday 6 March 2018

#WordforToday 6th March 2018 Who is the ruler of this world?


“Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”” Luke 4:5-7 NKJV

The temptation of Jesus Christ not only taught us of all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (I John 2:16 NKJV). But we also learnt something quite important about the world – Satan has authority over the kingdoms of this world and their glory.

Jesus also gave us insight into who rules this world. He told His disciples, “I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.” John 14:30 NKJV.

The kingdoms of this world and all their glory until Jesus returns belongs to Satan. It has been delivered to him at the fall of man and he gives it to those who will worship him. He continues to use this to tempt Christians, unfortunately many, because of the lust of the flesh, eyes and the pride of life fall away from the grace of Elohim.

Many Christians think that having the riches, world power and glory means living a life of ‘dominion.’ The world is their oyster because of their money. Which world I wonder? Is it the world that Jesus said it’s ruler has nothing in Him? The one Apostle John admonished us not to love or the things in it. And that if anyone loves it (the world), the love of the Father is not in him.

This world is not our eternal home. Do not be enticed by the promises of worldly riches, glory and power without checking the God behind the gift. The world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. I John 2:17 NKJV

Do not be carried away by the empty words full of worldly promises; where the name of Jesus is not lifted up; where you are not pointed to Jesus and shown the way to eternity. Do not be moved but cry out like Jesus “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” Luke 4:8 NKJV.

Seek the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, all these things shall be added unto you. Jesus loves you. Do not love the world more than you love Jesus.

#PrayerforToday 6th March 2018
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my Salvation. Help me never to live on bread alone but every word from You. Help me to worship You my God and serve only You. Help me never to tempt You because of my unbelief and lack of faith. Help me to always seek Your kingdom first and its righteousness. Add all I need to me. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Yeshua Ha Mashiach Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment