Tuesday 10 July 2018

#WordforToday 10 July 2018 #CrownofRighteousness


“For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”
II Timothy 4:6-8 NKJV



Apostle Paul was at the end of his earthly life. He knew he was going to die...soon. What glory for Elohim to reveal to you that it is time to rest having fulfilled all your days as it was written in His book even before you were born.

Apostle Paul was able to look back at his life, with peace that he has kept the faith to the end. He ran the race of life, competing against all odds and finished victoriously. His reward - the crown of righteousness. 

This crown is also available to all saints who finish their race having kept the faith to the end.

Paul fought the good fight; we learnt from his epistles how much he was persecuted, suffered for the sake of the gospel of Christ. Yet he never gave up. Even against his brethren the Jews he fought; with gentiles he was mistreated; physically he endured. Yet he pressed on. Our christian journey is one of wrestling but we must keep on because Jesus has gained for us the victory. We will win the race if we do not give up. Not only win it, there await for us the crown of righteousness.

He finished the race. May this be our own Christians life story in Jesus name. May we also be able to look back at our life and say with confidence ‘I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.’

He kept the faith. We live in a society where the gospel has been diluted. We have human reasoning and wisdom telling us that the Almighty God will not do what He has said in His words. ‘He is too loving to be a God of Justice.’ They tell us He has changed His mind about those things He said in His words that He hates - they are now okay. Many unfortunately are falling for this lie of the enemy, thus falling from the true faith. Many have developed their own (acceptable) god that they worship. Apostle Paul never compromised his gospel. He was even willing to confront elders for hypocrisy. There is no crown of righteousness for any one who dilute the Word of Elohim. Even if the world thinks you are a fanatic, so be it. I would rather be a fanatic for Christ Jesus the everlasting Lord, than temporal god of this world.

So, are you laying for yourself a crown of righteousness. Fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith.

#PrayerforToday 10 July 2018
Almighty Father, in the name of Jesus, help me to fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the fight. In Christ I will press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. May I not count myself to have apprehended; but the grace to forget those things which are behind, reaching forward to those things which are ahead. Amen


It is the will of the everlasting Father that you may have everlasting life through Jesus. See Him in the Holy Scriptures, believe in Him and He will raise you up on the last day John 6:40 NKJV
I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).


#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment