Monday 9 July 2018

#WordforToday 9 July 2018 The Crowns

 And everyone who competes for the prize [j]is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 1 Corinthians 9:25

I remember the first time I was rated exceptional in my workplace. It was unexpected, but a wonderful surprise. The recent time was even more unexpected. In fact I was shocked, just doing the best I could but I was not aware that the quality of my work deserved such a reward. Although just being rated as achieving successful during a performance appraisal was good, however to get an exceptional rating was fantastic. The feeling when you get your work appreciated to that level is great! Now, these are earthly rewards.

An eternal reward will be magnificent. Apostle Paul talked about imperishable crowns.

Oxford dictionary defined a crown as an award or distinction gained by a victory or achievement. 

As Christians, our hope is making eternity, that in itself will be a glorious achievement. And to be rewarded with crowns is even more magnificent. The word of Elohim tells us about the crowns that will be given in eternity. I don’t know about you but if there are rewards in eternity, just making it is not enough when there are crowns to be received.




Join me on this journey of discovery as we explore these crowns and the conditions of the reward. May the Holy Spirit give us revelation and understanding.

Explore the Word for yourself and make the choice - just successful or exceptionally successful.

#PrayerforToday 9 July 2018
Almighty Father, may I run the race diligently to the end in Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment