Tuesday 17 July 2018

#WordforToday 17 July 2018 #CrownofGlory,


“The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.” I Peter 5:1-4 NKJV




A special crown for elders - spiritual leaders who have been given the responsibility to shepherd the sheep of Elohim’s pasture. A huge responsibility but with a glorious reward. The first set of elders in the Alpha church - the 12 Apostles had a mammoth task - to carry the gospel to the world. Elohim had entrusted this stewardship responsibility to them. It is a huge responsibility. It is not about having the title and all the honour from man that comes with that. Apostle Peter spelt out clearly the responsibilities attached to this role: 

Shepherding the saints as overseer, willingly not by compulsion. There must be joy for the work. It’s not taking on the role because your spiritual father delegates this to you and you do not want to say no. 


It must be done not for dishonest gain but eagerly for the work of the ministry. It’s not about what remuneration or gifts or accolades you will receive but counting it as a privilege. The gospel should be preached without charge.


Being an example not lording it over those entrusted to you. A leader must set the example; let your lifestyle reflects what you preach. “Do as I say and as I do.”


Jesus instructed Peter (John 21:17) towards the end of His life to ‘feed my sheep’. It is worth spiritual leaders remembering that the sheep belong to Yeshua. He purchased them with His own blood.  They are His disciples not yours. They are not to be used and abused. They are not to be treated as slaves. 


Have you been entrusted by Yeshua as spiritual leader? Are you on course to receive the crown of glory? Remember as there is a special reward, there is also a special judgement for the shepherds;

“Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them.”” Ezekiel 34:10 NKJV



#PrayerforToday 17 July 2018

“For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.” I Corinthians 9:16-18 NKJV

In the name of Yeshua I pray. Thank You Almighty Father for entrusting me with this stewardship. Help me oh Lord to preach the gospel willingly and not by compulsion. Help me to present the gospel without charge or without covetousness. Help me never to abuse my authority in the gospel of Yeshua. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment