Monday 10 September 2018

#WordforToday 10 September 2018 It's me or my flesh

But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. I Corinthians 9:27 NKJV

Many people are struggling with the flesh, things that we do not want to do but we do. Things that we know are not right yet we still do. The desire of the flesh is very powerful.


It is the flesh that brings many a mighty man or woman of God down.


It is the flesh that makes humankind dilute the word of God to suit their desires.


Adultery, murder, deceit, theft any kind of sin or evil finds its root in the flesh - gratification of selfish desires.


Every child of Elohim must diligently discipline their flesh and bring it under subjection. You can control the desires of your flesh by not giving in to it - sheer will power for regular fasting, praying without ceasing and healthy lifestyle.


We can do it by the grace of Yeshua. If not the alternative is not bear thinking about. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:13 NKJV ).

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. Make the decision to start today.


#PrayerforToday

Almighty Father Elohim. Thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank You for giving me the grace to crucify the flesh. Help me to continually discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. In the name of Yeshua our saviour. Amen


I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
 #AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment