Friday 9 November 2018

#WordforToday 9 Nov 2018 Bin it


Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy. 
Galatians 2:11‭-‬13 NKJV 

The story of Peter's hypocrisy made me reflected on how difficult it was to break the habit of a life time.

Many of us think that confessing our sin, repenting and accepting Jesus as Lord will automatically get rid of our bad habits. Don't get me wrong we are transformed spiritually, however there are still aspects of the flesh that will require a process to total transformation.

At the time Paul was writing to the Galatians, Peter had been long in ministry. This was a man whom Yeshua used to convict 5000 people through a single sermon, many sick had been healed, the lame walked and the blind received sight. Peter was mighty in the Lord. Yet, the habits inculcated in him as a Jew were still evident in his life. One such was not eating with the gentiles even if they were believers.

In my Christian walk I have found that there are so many old habits from my upbringing, culture and my own personality that I am having to reorient myself according to the principles of the Kingdom as evidenced in the bible. Likewise some new habits that I am (still work in progress) having to inculcate in my life one such is loving all people irrespective of their character. This can be so difficult sometimes I tell you. 

If you don't have bold people like Paul around you that can challenge your old bad habit, you have to challenge yourself with the word of God. No one is above mistake even spiritual leaders. 



But you as a believer bin your habits before they become a stumbling block to entering eternity. Little foxes do spoil the vine...

#PrayerforToday
Almighty Father, give me abounding grace to put to death every bad habit that does not glorify You. Help me to develop kingdom habits to the glory of Your name in Christ Jesus I pray. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ). 
 #AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment