Tuesday 20 November 2018

#WordforToday 20 November 2018 Return on Investment (ROI)

"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great;..." Mathew 5:10 NKJV




I was reflecting on the principle of return on investment. In the work of the Kingdom, what is the return of your investment of time, money and effort? 

We describe the success of a ministry by number of congregants, the physical wealth, miracles and the like. Lack of these and high level of stress unfortunately have driven many ministers away or even to commit suicide. We know here on earth, we are still in the flesh, so we want evidence of our work in the flesh.

I was taken back to the believers and disciples after the death of Jesus. They were driven not by flesh reward but eternal reward. They spent and were spent to spread the gospel of Jesus. The bible recorded numbers added to them - 3000 after Peter’s preaching, whole cities for Paul. Yet we know the bible also recorded how angels celebrates for one sinner who repents and turn to God - yes one, not thousands.

We are in the dispensation of reconciling man to God ahead of Jesus’ second coming and eternity. If you are sometimes worried or depressed that you are not seeing numbers all at once, or you are spending and being spent without material reward, encourage yourself in the Lord. Keep your focus on the gospel of Jesus. Remember rejoicing in heaven is for each sinner not a roomful of sinners. 

Do not be distracted by other people’s ministry, focus on yours. Whatever you spend for the Lord will be rewarded here and in eternity.

This is how I encourage myself whenever the principle of return on investment comes to mind. My return is eternity. My investment is to spend and be spent for Yeshua my Lord and Saviour.

#PrayerforToday
Almighty Father, thank You for the revelation of the hope of Your calling for my life. Thank you for the exceeding greatness of Your power toward me to strengthen and encourage me to keep on doing Your will. Help me to continue to live in line with Your purpose for my life. Give me the grace not to be weary in doing Your work even when it looks like there is not impact. By the grace of Yeshua Your son and my Saviour. In His name I pray. Amen
‭‭
I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
 #AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment