Monday 17 August 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 34 #Example

“Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”  I Corinthians 11:1 NKJV

 

Image courtesy http://www.jameslclark.com
I have come to believe that each decade of life has its own unique lessons. The decade of my life that I would love to have the opportunity to live again is my twenties.

Our twenties represent a period of young adulthood, many enjoying physically and financially independence from their parents.  

It’s also a period when many wants to take decisions and not be ‘directed’ or ‘instructed’ by anyone especially an elder.

As a parent, we have life experiences that our child doesn’t. It is difficult to keep quiet when you see your children making wrong decisions and choices. Yet, being directive with a young adult would not lead to the reaction you want.

At a certain stage of life, influencing other people is not commanding or demanding but showing by example. Your life should reflect what is right and in line with the word of Elohim God.

At a stage in our children’s life, teaching them is more effective by our own lifestyle. Actions speaks louder than words.

Apostle Paul knew the place of instructions and the impact of being a living example. He was very confident to encourage Timothy to follow him because his life was a reflection of Yeshua. Paul was an example worth emulating. He could say, ‘do as I say and do’.

How about you saints of the Almighty God, is your life a reflection of the faith that you professed? The best evangelism is our life.

In every area of your life - parenthood, workplace, community, friendship, let it be the best reflection of Christ.

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father give me the grace to imitate Yeshua and be an example in word and in deed. Amen

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020

No comments:

Post a Comment