Monday 31 August 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 35 #Worship

I will praise You, O Lord , with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. Psalms 9:1-2 NKJV

It was only in recent years that I was able to truly understand what worship was.  

When I started my personal walk with Elohim God about fifteen years ago, I would sing but felt detached. I would pray and say all the right spiritual words, but I did not feel it.

I remembered a day we were praying about how we loved Elohim God and I was thinking; what does that mean, truly? My understanding then was that love was something you feel, had to feel. I knew the love I felt for my husband, my children, my family and even close friends. I could feel the essence of it in me.

But here I was praying about love to Elohim that I was not feeling. I have since learnt of course that love is not about feeling but decision.

Nevertheless, love is an emotion you can feel. And I wanted that experience towards God. I turned my prayer to this – asking the One who is LOVE to fill my heart, my soul and my being with this indescribable virtue. I also began to immerse myself in songs of worship.

As I grew in Yeshua Jesus and in the holy scriptures, I began to ‘see’, know and experience the wonder of God in my life. I grew from just worshipping Elohim God from a religious process to worshipping Him from the heart. Now, I feel the Almighty. I feel love. The type of love that erupts from the depth of your heart and burst out in pure worship with the most beautiful aroma.

When you dig into the word of Elohim God, the nuggets you find are eternal. Do not stay on the surface. Dig deep. Dig deeper. And worship will erupt from the depth of your heart.

When you reflect on the wonder of Elohim God in your life, the love that fills your heart is indescribable.

When you engage in prayer with Elohim God, the splendour of being in His presence overwhelms you.

All these acts are worship

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. Amen

 

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment