Thursday 24 December 2020

Wordfortheweek Week 47 #Aspiration

You shall be holy, for I the LORD, your God am holy. Leviticus 19:1-4 NKJV

 

When I was a child, the first set of rules I learnt were that of my parents. I quickly grew into the awareness of what would get me into trouble. I understood the ‘dos’ and ‘do nots.’

 

copyright aakintoye
As a new nation, Elohim God gave the Israelites series of commandments through His servant, Moses. They were to follow these laws to the letter. The old testament section in the Holy Scriptures provides us with a view of these commandments. I have heard it said, that the old testament is no longer relevant with the birth and death of Jesus. This is an incomplete and short-sighted view of the Scriptures.

 

The old testament provides a solid foundation to understanding Elohim and His relationship with His people, including you and I. We can understand the heart of God by the revelation of the Holy Spirit through the laws He instructed the Israelites to keep.

 

Jesus Christ Himself quoted from the old testament. His life and teaching fulfilled the laws. We cannot separate one from the other. As we navigate the world, it is worth reflecting on the moral laws that is not bound to a specific time or discardable because of Jesus. In fact, it is because of Jesus that they are relevant today as in time past.

 

We fulfil the moral law in Christ Jesus through our character and life. Our God is holy, we also must be holy in all we do (1 Peter 1:15). It is in holiness that we fulfil all the laws given by the Almighty God. We have been set apart, sanctified by the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ. Even when we fall, we must get up and keep going, aspiring each day to live a holy life.

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank you for cleansing me by the blood of Your Son Jesus Christ my saviour. Give me the grace to walk in holiness, in every area of my life. Help me to be holy as You are Holy. In the name of Yeshua I pray. Amen

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020 

No comments:

Post a Comment