Tuesday 29 December 2020

Wordfortheweek Week 7 #FollowMe

 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19 NKJV

copyright aakintoye
What would you do if you heard a whisper, “follow me?” If Jesus were to say that to you and you know it was his voice? Would you get up and follow without any question or would you try to bargain and negotiate the when, why and how. Or maybe push the obedience to sometime in the future.

 

It took me a while – many years in fact. About twenty years from the time I responded to the altar call to the time I said, “I surrender oh Lord!”. I have learnt that there is no negotiating with Elohim God. It is either yes or no.

 

I thought I had a lot of valid reasons for not responding to the call. The root of the issue was fear. I thought life as I knew it would be over. I believed the Christian life was boring and monotonous. My mindset about born-again Christians was from my university days. The so-called ‘SU’ or scripture union members. There was nothing about them that pulled me. Of course, my life then was about myself and ‘enjoying’ life the way of the world.

 

Many people are still struggling with answering that call. Some people have become immune to it. Some answered but are struggling to let go of their past way of living. It is difficult because human-kind are conditioned to use their senses to make decision. What you can see, touch, taste, hear or smell makes sense. Not the invisible God.

 

The works of Jesus when he was on earth caused many to follow him. They needed to ‘see’ the works before they would believe. Even Thomas, one of his disciples would not believe he resurrected until he had seen the crucifixion points.

 

In order to answer that call, we need revelation of the person doing the calling. How could simple fishermen see people as fish? They had no clue what it meant but they upped and followed because of revelation about Christ Jesus.

 

You may not understand your calling, what it means but understand that the caller is the Almighty Father through His Son Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

 

That is all you need to respond; “Yes Lord, here I am. I will follow”.

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank you for the revelation of Your Son Christ Jesus in my life. Help me to understand and boldly fulfil Your redemptive purpose for my life. In the name of Yeshua I pray. Amen.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment