Monday 19 April 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 15 Faith Crisis

On the way, Jesus told them, “Tonight all of you will desert me. For the Scriptures say, ‘God will strike[e] the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
32 But after I have been raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there.” 33 Peter declared, “Even if everyone else deserts you, I will never desert you.” 34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me.” 35 “No!” Peter insisted. “Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!” And all the other disciples vowed the same. Matthew 26: 31-35 NLT




Over the course of my Christian journey there has been moments of - what I call faith crisis. 

Times when I have questions more than answers. Times when I wonder what I would do in some situations and circumstances. Times when I wonder if my faith was even up to the size of a mustard seed.

Recently I was watching a documentary about Evangelist Billy Graham. I learnt how he had a faith crisis in his early thirties. He was discouraged and had questions. He realised that his faith was in the head and not the heart. So, he fell on his knees and made a life changing decision that led to the salvation of millions.

Reading this story greatly encouraged me. Many ministers of the gospel will never acknowledge their faith crisis until things fall apart. We preach it but inside is a raging crisis of faith.

We know Peter did deny Jesus, not once, not twice but three times. The bible said he cried but he did not go back to correct his denial. I’m sure many of us have been there, times when we do deny Jesus - be it keeping quiet when we should have spoken up, hiding our faith because of our friends, colleagues or what society will say.

Ministers of Yeshua have a challenge. We are meant to share the good news and build up faith. Yet many are going through faith crisis themselves. Ministers avoid sharing their own crisis of faith. It only comes to light in a huge scandal - sexual scandal, suicide, mental health, burn-out, divorce, the like.

Billy Graham acknowledged there were questions he could not answer. But he will have faith in the word of God. When we go through crisis or pain - a loved one dying especially children, we ask tough question; why Lord, because these children had no sin.

When the saints die while doing the work of God we ask why Lord. Some things in the bible are sometimes very hard to comprehend or even accept with our human intellect. Our brain and mindset are limited to our brain and mindset.

I have wondered who is God? What does He look like? What if after all, I die, and it is all nothing? You know what I have come to realise and accept, it is all by faith – the evidence of things not seen (or known, questions unanswered) and assurance of things hoped for (eternity as planned in the beginning).

God is Spirit. He sent his son in the physical to make things real to us. God reveals what we need and leave the rest so that we can seek Him and trust Him.

Nobody knows it all. Nobody knows God totally. Revelation of God requires a relationship with Him. The more we grow deeper in our knowledge of Him, the more He reveals to us, as a trusted son and friend.

Faith is exactly as it is faith. It requires belief and acceptance that the Holy Scripture is the inspired word of Elohim. Faith requires that we believe and trust in the Holy Spirit, our helper. We must treat Him as a close friend. I deliberately see Him in every details of my life. Billy Graham said: “Father, I am going to accept this as Thy Word—by faith! I’m going to allow faith to go beyond my intellectual questions and doubts, and I will believe this to be Your inspired Word!”

It is a decision you have to make, to believe or to doubt.

I have decided to accept the word of God in the Holy Scriptures as the word of God.

I have decided to live by faith in Yeshua Jesus even when it seems impossible.

I have decided no more doubts. No more faith crisis or crisis of faith. So, help me God.

How about you?

Are you still searching to fill that void my friend? You have heard about Jesus, but you are sceptical? Unsure? Why not open your heart to know Him today. Tomorrow may be too late.

It’s simple to do this; believe in your heart that Jesus is the son of God, raised from the dead and confess with your mouth that He is Lord. And start that wonderful journey with Him immediately. I encourage you to search for a bible teaching fellowship near you for support a d your spiritual growth.

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. I pray for the grace to grow in faith and be rooted in Christ. In His name I pray. Amen.

If you accepted Jesus or turned back to him by reading this blog, please get in touch. I am super excited! Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day. My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

Have a wonderful week ahead.

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 
#AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adeola.akintoye
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adeolaakintoye/ 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aakintoye 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCAUHOf4p8CJz2LH1pHuvQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment