Sunday 18 April 2021

WordfortheWeek Week 12 Who is Jesus to me? Part 1

“When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.” Matthew‬ ‭16:13-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


My knowledge of Christ started from a religious perspective, then a head knowledge to a place of experience - still after the fact, for example praying to get a job, got it and then thanking Yeshua for making it happen.

There was something missing - a deep personal knowledge that comes from relationship. It is a knowledge that is grounded, rooted and cemented in understanding who he is.

Many people get to know Christ from an experience - loss, health issues, or one need or the other. Then they see him for what he can do. And as a result they get to know him as a healer, provider and so forth.

It’s quite interesting that Jesus first asked his disciples who other people said
he was. Then he asked them ‘Who do you say I am?” 
This meant, it was not just about what other people said about him, but what they thought.

I was born into a religious family but I made the decision and chose to follow Yeshua as an adult. My knowledge of Yeshua was based on what I heard (faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God and testimonies).  It was about other people’s perspectives. Even as I read about him in the bible, it was still about what other people said and what he said about himself.

Over the years, I realised how my faith really was from a head perspective not heart revelation. I realised that  there was a gap between the head and the heart knowledge.

It is having the heart understanding that truly strengthens faith and deepens trust in Yeshua. Because we know who he truly is, not from what other people say but the revelation in our heart.

And Jesus said to Peter. No flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Isn’t that illuminating. We can not know who Yeshua is - at a personal level without that revelation from Yahweh, God the Father.

As a believer who is Jesus to you?

To be continued...

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. I pray for spiritual wisdom and insight so that I might grow in your knowledge. I pray that my heart will be flooded with light so that I can understand the confident hope in Yeshua. Amen..

 

If you accepted Jesus or turned back to him by reading this blog, please get in touch. I am super excited! Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day. My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

 

Have a wonderful week ahead.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adeola.akintoye

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adeolaakintoye/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aakintoye

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCAUHOf4p8CJz2LH1pHuvQ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment