Saturday 1 May 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 16 Encouragement (Part 1)

This is what the Lord says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.” Jeremiah 29:10-14 NLT

 

copyright aakintoye


Jeremiah lived and prophesied during the reign of at least five Israelite kings before the exile of the Southern Kingdom. These were times of idolatry worship and wickedness in the land. The Israelite were Elohim’s people, but their hearts were far from him. They were in ‘name only’.

 

In the books of the prophets, we know Yahweh warned the leaders and the people, but they refused to listen. Or they made tokenistic and shallow attempts. Until Jehovah fulfilled His words and sent them into captivity for seventy years. Innocents were caught up in the suffering, nevertheless Yahweh preserved and protected them – like Daniel, Ezekiel, King Jehoiachin. Nevertheless, the compassionate Father encouraged His children. He punished them with the right hand and gave them hope with the left. 

 

Elohim encouraged them - to get used to their new living arrangement. “Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit. Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters—that you may be increased there, and not diminished.” Jeremiah 29:5-6 NKJV

 

He assured them that His thoughts towards them was for good and not evil. Sometimes we don’t understand why the innocent suffer with the evil doers. Seriously, I don’t know. Look at what happened to Prophet Jeremiah. This man suffered for preaching and communicating the word of God. Even he was taken to Egypt without his consent.

 

Elohim’s plan is to give us a hope and a future. A future - eternal life. A hope - faith through Yeshua. We must remember, this world is not our home, we are in transit to our eternal home. Irrespective of what is going on in my life I encourage myself with the word of Elohim. 

 

It is in times of challenges that we need to find strength in the Lord through His word.

We need to ask Him for direction, not react with our feeling. Even in the midst of our challenges and captivity, Elohim is saying: “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Even though it does not look or feel like it, have faith - the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for.

 

 

To be continued…

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. I pray in the name of Jesus. Help me to keep my eyes and heart on your no matter what is going on around me and how I feel. Help me to seek you and be encouraged in your word Lord, Amen.

 

If you accept Jesus or turned back to him reading this blog, please get in touch. I am so excited! You give me hope and joy. You are my proud reward and crown when I stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns. Yes, you are our pride and joy (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 NLT).

 

Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day

My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

 

Have a wonderful week ahead.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adeola.akintoye

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adeolaakintoye/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aakintoye

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCAUHOf4p8CJz2LH1pHuvQ

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment