Saturday 1 May 2021

WordfortheWeek 2021 Week 17 Encouragement (Part 2)

This is what the Lord says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.” Jeremiah 29:10-14 NLT

 

copyright aakintoye


Elohim relates with us through our decisions and actions. And He has told us how to do it. “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:113

 

Pray and seek God with all your heart. In Daniel chapter 9 verse 2, Daniel prayed and sought the Lord when he calculated that the seventy exile years was over. There was no new prophecy. Daniel understood from the Scriptures the number of years Elohim had already specified through Prophet Jeremiah.

 

Personally, I believe the Holy Scriptures are complete. Everything we need to know about the present and the future is already written. Christ the Word is in our heart. The Holy Spirit is in our heart. The revelation of the mind of Elohim is accessible for us when we, like Daniel search the Scriptures. And not wait for a ‘prophet’ to ‘prophecy’.

 

Daniel prayed the word of God back to God. He set his face towards the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications with fasting. He prayed, made confession and sought God with all his heart and God answered. In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, the exiles started returning to the Promised land (Ezra 1:3).

 

There is an end to challenges. Joy will come. Whatever challenges we are going through, it shall end. I don’t know when for your own particular situation, but I know we must encourage ourselves in the Lord. It is up to us to make the decision to believe and have faith. His purpose will be fulfilled even when it does not look like it. God preserved the line of David even in their captivity. Challenges will run its course, according to God’s purpose.

 

The reason why we go through challenges is known by God and sometimes known by us as well (unless we are not truthful with ourselves). There is a beginning and an end of things.

 

What we have gone through in the last year was a crisis at personal and societal level. It might not have been an invasion of war, but the outcome was similar – millions of people dead, lives and ways of living changed. Many have gone through so much pain they are wondering where is our God? He called us His people. We bear His name. Where is our Father?

 

The society we live in has turned back from God. We have replaced Him in our hearts and lives. There is always a repercussion for sin and those who turn their back on Elohim. Our sins might be forgiven but there is always a price to pay. The life of David after murder and adultery is a perfect example. Unfortunately, even the innocents are caught up in the repercussion one way or the other.

 

Nevertheless, Yahweh is a loving, compassionate and merciful Father.

 

First, we must be repentant, for ourselves as individuals and for our nation. We must pray for our leaders. Their acts and actions affect the society as a whole. There is no point expending energy to curse them when we should be praying for them.

 

As individuals, let us not be like a petulant child that blame other people and God when things do not go as we expected. Before I complain about things, let me check my life first and ensure there is nothing I should have done, avoided or continue. 

 

Let us be real with ourself. God’s standard and principles are clear. Search the Holy Scriptures to hear the Lord. His words are encouragement. We must hold unto it.

 

God demands obedience and faithfulness. Our heart must belong to Him

Let us not make of no effect the blood of Jesus shed to pay the price for our sin.

 

Do you need to repent today and turn to him as Lord and Saviour?

 

It’s simple to do this; believe in your heart that Jesus is the son of God, raised from the dead and confess with your mouth that He is Lord. “For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved” (Romans 10:9,10 NLT). And start that wonderful journey with Him immediately. I encourage you to search for a bible teaching fellowship near you for support and your spiritual growth.

 

 

#Prayerfortheweek

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation and the Holy Spirit. I pray in the name of Jesus. Help me to keep my eyes and heart on your no matter what is going on around me and how I feel. Help me to seek you and be encouraged in your word Lord, Amen.

 

If you accept Jesus or turned back to him through listening to this programme, please get in touch. I am so excited! You give me hope and joy. You are my proud reward and crown when I stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns. Yes, you are our pride and joy (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 NLT).

 

Inbox me, email me, just get in touch. I want to join you in prayers every day

My email is info@adeolaakintoye.com

 

Have a wonderful week ahead.

 

I pray that this inspire you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day. 

#AdeolaAkintoye©

#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2021

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adeola.akintoye

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adeolaakintoye/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aakintoye

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCAUHOf4p8CJz2LH1pHuvQ

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment