Saturday 2 August 2014

Do not muzzle my mouth...I will testify!


When I was living in South Africa, all the parishes of the church I attended met once a month for what we called 'Divine Encounter'. It was a time of fellowship. It was a glorious time in the presence of God.

I started noticing this particular sister that would always come out to give testimony. It was only when she was not in town that you would not see her come out. Her testimonies were varied; some occurred recently, some were from previous years, some were funny, some were serious, some were 'big' things, some were 'little' things but she still came out to testify. And we all praise God with her.

This sister was always full of joy - you see it when she testifies, you see it when she was praising & worshipping God in songs, you see it in her character and attitude.

Initially, I found this quite funny...until I started developing a closer relationship with God and He started opening my eyes of understanding of spiritual things. This sister began to inspire me - not to be shy of testifying to the glory of God; in all things and at all times.

When we testify what God has done for us, glory is given to God, people are encouraged, faith grows and most of all  we overcame him (devil) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of our testimony (Rev 12:11)

Our testimony with the blood of Jesus defeats the enemy every time. I want that all the time!

Derek Prince in his teaching on overcoming evil said our testimony is the hyssop (used by the Israelite under the direction of God, to apply the blood of the lamb on their lintel and door post so that the angel of death would pass over them - Exodus 12:22) by which we appropriate the blood of Jesus which gives us protection and total victory. The blood of Jesus is available to us but we have to apply it personally to our life. In order to transfer the blood and make it applicable to our life we use our testimony. We overcome the enemy when we testify personally to what the word of God says the blood of Jesus does for us  - Derek Prince

These revelations changed my attitude to giving testimony in the congregation of the brethren and sharing with everyone and anyone as God gives me the opportunity. I make use of every thanksgiving Sunday in my Church to testify. I can't tell enough of the goodness of God in my life and let the enemy be put to shame.

Every time I share, my heart is full of joy. Every time I share I'm looking forward to many more testimonies so that I can share even more.

It does not matter whether it is perceived by people as 'big'  or 'small' testimony-the fact that I am still alive is a testimony on it's own and worthy to be proclaimed. The fact that God saved me from the kingdom of darkness and brought me into the Kingdom of His dear son is a testimony I will give forever.

How about you? Are you waiting to have that 'big' testimony before you share all the marvellous things God has done and is doing for you? 

Do you think your testimony is too 'little'? You are not little in God's eyes...He gave up His son's life for YOU.

TESTIFY TODAY!

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment