Saturday 9 August 2014

Preparation Time


It's been some weeks since I wrote a blog. As I continue my spiritual journey, I've been juggling many things - writing my novel, diligently keeping on track with my bible study, work and trying to get good rest.


I have to say that this time of focused bible study had been a revelation. God has been giving me some spiritual insights that sometimes was just overwhelming for me. Yet, I know that He has a purpose for these revelation. It's scary, I can tell you! But also exciting.

Over a period of three weeks, my home church pastor had been teaching about opportunities and preparation - success comes when preparation meets opportunities. For two Sundays, he preached on preparation. Talk about having a sense of déjàvu.


When I reallocated back to London last year, I kept wondering what was God's plan at this point in my life? Early this year, God gave me a statement - 'year of preparation'. 


Preparation for what? I wondered. I'm still waiting for the answer but I know it's for the next stage of my spiritual journey. 

So, you can imagine my excitement when my pastor started preaching on preparation. This was not a coincidence - nothing is when it comes to God. Relocating to London meant changing churches. I prayed for guidance and God gave me two words: 'Revival' and 'Prayer'. 


I am now going to a Church where Revival is the vision and prayer is the vehicle for everything we do - daily prayers morning and evening.

I believe that I am preparing for the opportunity that will surely come. And when the opportunity comes, I will be prepared. The preparation time is not time wasted.


How about you? Do you keep praying for God's blessing? Are you prepared to perceive, receive and use the blessing? 


How are you preparing for eternity?

If you are looking for a job, how prepared are you - in skills, knowledge and experience?


If you are trusting God for a life partner, how are you preparing to be a good husband or wife?


Preparation is so important. Twenty virgins went to meet the groom, ten were prepared for a long wait and took extra oil. Ten were not prepared and when the opportunity came to go in to meet the groom, they missed it.


Success always comes when preparation meets opportunities - Pastor Nick Chanda (@RevivalChristianChurchofEnfield)

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment