Saturday 23 August 2014

There is nowhere to hide from you


As I go deeper in the study of the Bible, I am continually amazed by the depth of revelation about God's love for man. 

Psalm 139:1-18 just reminded me again that I am loved. It reminded me of the daughter of whom I am. My circumstances may not show it but He is there with me all the time. He is Jehovah Shammah. There is no need to suffer from self doubt or become overwhelmed by my situation.

I would like to blog about this Psalm for the next few weeks because I want each sentence to sink into my consciousness and subconsciousness. I want absorb the essence of what David was saying.

Earlier in my journey, I never really understood the depth of God's love. Sometimes even now, I wonder how God can love me this much - how He could love man despite every crap that we do...again and again.


O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 
You know when I sit down or stand up. 
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. 
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. 
You know everything I do. 
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.  Psalm 139:1-4


He knows what we are thinking.  He knows what we are going to say whilst we are still forming it in our heart. Though this is comforting, it also strikes a fear in my heart. The fear of God! He is Almighty

God knows everything about us. He knows what we are doing and what we are going to do. There is no point trying to hide things or fool ourselves that God does not see us. When we are going through good times or bad, God knows. It might seem like God has forsaken us, NO! He knows. He sees. He hears.

Isn't this comforting? It gives me hope when it seems there is no hope. It gives me assurance that God is hearing my prayers and He sees my tears. It is enough to give us the peace in all circumstances, knowing God is never far from us.

What about you? Are you going through some tough times and you think God is far away? He is not! Read his word and believe it.


to be continued next week

SHALOM

No comments:

Post a Comment